Drug Detoxification (Detox) is one of the most important roles and the first step in the recovery process. Many state that they can’t stop using drugs/alcohol because when they try, the side effects and withdrawals are so unpleasant, that it leads them back to using. Medically monitored detox is available to reduce these unpleasant symptoms and monitor a patient from being at risk of using again, experiencing dangerous side effects or having fatal consequences that can occur from abrupt cessation.
Detox is the first, and most important step in the direction of recovery. Before any individual can begin the road to recovery or enter a rehabilitation facility, they must rid their bodies of the toxic and harmful substances they have been using. Doing this in a medically supervised facility like Desert Mountain Health, allows each client to go through the detox process with the least amount of withdrawal symptoms and risk. Everyone’s experience is different, which is why the process needs to be tailored to fit every person’s unique experience. While detoxing off of these toxic substances always holds risk, it is drastically reduced by the use of medications and 24/7 supervision from an experienced medical team. The help and expertise of trained medical professionals is one of the most proven ways to decrease the symptoms related to detoxing.
The Desert Mountain Health Way
Here at Desert Mountain Health, we use a wide variety of methods to make Detox a safe and effective process. Our clients are monitored 24/7 by our team of Doctors, Nurses and Behavioral Health Technicians who make sure each and every client is comfortable and secure as they go through the detox phases. Our team gets to know clients on a personal level, ensuring that they understand and are aware of every step of the process. Detox is achieved by the use of Detox services, like medications, food/fluids and plenty of rest. All of these techniques ensure the client will be as comfortable as possible and at the least possible risk of adverse effects. Reducing adverse effects and decreasing unpleasant symptoms is the number one goal of Detox.
At Desert Mountain Health, we see clients from across The Valley, including Phoenix, Glendale, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Scottsdale, and more. Our facility is designed to meet the unique needs of all clients in Detox at every phase in the process.
- Upscale facility in North Scottsdale
- State-of-the-Art medical room with top of the line technology
- Multiple Doctor’s offices
- Nursing station
- Quiet, confidential rooms for client’s
- Comfortable beds and clean linens
- 2 client lounges with flat screen televisions
- Bathrooms and showers
- Smoking area outside
- Custom tailored meals to fit a variety of diets and dietary needs along with healthy snacks throughout the day
- 24×7 care by highly trained Doctors, Nurses and Behavioral Health Technicians
- Detox from a wide range of Drugs and Alcohol
- Conventional Medicine – Treatment involving traditional, pharmaceutical medicines
- Therapist providing counseling, step-down treatment options and/or a discharge plan